Saturday, August 09, 2008

what NOT to buy with a fraudulent credit card

Yesterday a friend and I were buying tickets for an upcoming concert and when we paid with our credit card they asked for our ID.

First, I'm pretty much always insulted when anyone asks to see my ID. "Do I look like I'd steal a credit card? Don't you think I'd spend the $50 and get a fake ID to match? And don't you think I'd buy a little more than a bottle of water and some gum? Let me see your ID! How do I know you work here?" And that usually results in them refusing to sell me anything which is fine by me.

But since we can't expect store sales people to be good judges of character we ask them to check everyone's idea no matter what, fine. However not all purchases are the same and some should require an I'd and some should not. Which brings me to my tips on what NOT to buy with a fraudulent credit card:

1) Don't buy something online and have the products shipped to your house.

2) Don't buy plane tickets, sports event tickets, concert tickets or any "tickets" for that matter.

3) Don't pay your bills with this card.

When purchasing any of the above they should not need to ask for your ID, actually if they want to increase the odds of catching fraudulent card users they should definitely not ask for an ID. If you need to ask yourself why this is then just save yourself any inconveniences and don't use that card.

I hope this was instructional.

No comments:

 

qgold's recommendations at ThisNext
Shopcast powered by ThisNext
Get this for your blog or website