Thursday, March 22, 2007

pretty sure

In the world of customer service "pretty sure" doesn't cut it.

As I was leaving my hotel this morning I told the guy at the front desk that I had a package that was to be picked up by UPS. He said he was pretty sure that UPS was coming today. I said "pretty sure?"

When you ask a question of someone who is of service you want a definitive answer or a proposed solution. So another satisfactory answer would be: "I believe UPS is already scheduled to pick up today but I will confirm with them and make sure this package gets to them. Would you like me to have someone call or email you when it is picked up?" Now you know the package is in good hands.

"Pretty sure" is 50% at best.

There is a good reason that the Ritz trains it's employees to greet the hotel guests with "Good morning sir, have a nice day" and not "hey, how are you today?" which is what you get from the Hilton bellman but that's another topic.

No comments:

 

qgold's recommendations at ThisNext
Shopcast powered by ThisNext
Get this for your blog or website