Tuesday, April 18, 2006

airport security

So I'm trying to catch my 1pm flight to Boston and I didn't account for the ford mustang that exploded on the 405. I get to the airport at 1215pm and I should be ok if I can just make it through the TSA security checkpoint without having to strip down. I approach the security area and I tell the first guard that I'm a little tight on time. He tells me to go to the first lane which he claims is the fastest. I agree because the line is the shortest but after waiting for a few minutes I discover that this is the lane that all the airport staff (pilots, security, stewards, janitors, etc) use to get through and they go right to the front of the line. So I'm only four people back but the line in front of me is growing not shrinking so finally I yell back to the first guard "this lane isn't the fastest because you're letting everyone cut". He said "they're employees". I said "I don't care who they are". So I decided to take matters into my own hands. The next "staff" walks up and is about to cut in front of the woman three in front of me and I say "hey! Are you in as much of a hurry as I am?" And this genius replies with "I'm going on my lunch break". And I reply "oh that's good, why don't you cut in line right behind me because I'm going to Boston for business and I'm late!" He said sure and then more staff showed up and they all waited behind him until I came through. And then the passengers behind me said that they were on the same flight as me and didn't let the staff cut in.

Once again no applause from my fellow passengers.

I made it of course.

No comments:

 

qgold's recommendations at ThisNext
Shopcast powered by ThisNext
Get this for your blog or website