Sunday, November 13, 2005

sold out

I walk into an ice cream shop that I like because they have the best chocolate chip ice cream. Sometimes I try other flavors but this time I want the chocolate chip because they ran out of it last time. I order the chocolate chip and guess what? They're out of it again.  I ask the guy behind the counter what's with the chocolate chip because they were out of it last time. He says "ya we often run out of that flavor because it's very popular." And so I leave and go to the frozen yogurt place up the street.

Am I the only one who thinks there is a problem here?

If you manage a retail eatery and there is something that you often run out of, it's because people like it and they expect you to have it. Just because something is popular is no excuse for running out. French fries at McDonalds are popular and do you think they ever run out? They would be better off closing the place down than to have to tell their customers they ran out of fries. If you want happy customers ORDER MORE!!!

No comments:

 

qgold's recommendations at ThisNext
Shopcast powered by ThisNext
Get this for your blog or website